Friday, March 23, 2012

Disconsolate

Making myself feel lonely in a crowd,
I can't wait for life to lift this shroud.
I'm not living the way I wanted to,
But I don't want to regret the things I'd do.

It's hard to be brave in the face of Fate.
I'm afraid of finding love and then finding hate.
My legs feel so heavy when I try to march.
I feel so much more comfortable making the demarche.

I know, truthfully, I'm only young once,
And I don't want fear to make me a dunce.
Where is courage born, and how does it arrive?
I guess I have to close my eyes and just take the dive.





----------------------------------------------
Really I'm too busy for a love life right now, but I'm definitely not immune to the effects of not having one.  But it's been a while now and I feel all virginal and angsty again.  Emo poetry, anyone? Bring on summer already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment